Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Roast in the Oven with Beef & Veggies

Put it in the pan and walk away. That's we want during our busy days, right?  Well, I don't know about you, but I don't always love cleaning out my crock pot, so when I figured out how to do a roast in the oven in a roasting pan, I was giddy (but that's just me). 



Ingredients
boneless beef chuck roast (~1-2 lbs.)
1 bag baby carrots
2 yellow onions, quartered
4 celery stalks, cut into 1 inch pieces
~10-12 Yukon or large new potatoes, halved
2 clove garlic, crushed
ground pepper
1 teaspoon salt  
2 cups beef broth or 1 OXO cube dissolved in 2 cups of boiling water
2 sprigs rosemary (1 teaspoon dried) 
4 sprigs thyme (2 teaspoons dried)   
2 bay leaves

Put the beef in the center of the pan, surround it with veggies, pour the broth over everything, then sprinkle on the herbs. Tent with foil in a roasting pan and cook at 300 for 4-6 hours, covered (the longer, the more tender the roast).  You may want to turn it after a couple of hours, but you don't need to open the foil tent and baste or anything.  Just literally put it in the pan, cover, and walk away.  

This will feed four people well.  If there is any left over, my family likes to take the beef the next day, put it between two pieces of white sandwich bread with some mayo.  Heaven!!! 

Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment