Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Sunday, June 12, 2011

New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies

I always thought I made the best chocolate chip cookies on the planet until my friend at work brought these bad boys in for us to try.  I was skeptical at first, but when I tasted them, I couldn't believe how much better they were than mine!  You really MUST try them.  They're fantastic!!!  (My recipe is tweaked just a little from the original recipe.)


Ingredients
3 2/3 all-purpose flour, minus 2 Tbsp.
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp coarse salt
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
1 cup + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
20 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips or disks
sea salt

Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.

Cream butter and sugars together with a mixture until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, ~30 seconds. Drop chocolate pieces in and incorporate them without breaking them. Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 hours. (I couldn't wait, so I baked them without chilling first, and they were absolutely FINE.)

When ready to bake, scoop out mounds of dough that are roughly the size of 'generous golf balls'.  Place them on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick baking spray.  These cookies will be around 3 inches, so make sure to separate the dough balls enough.  Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake at 350 until golden brown but still soft (~16 minutes).  Let cool before serving.

*Make sure you put the unused dough back into the refrigerator in between batches.


Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment