Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Friday, June 24, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I love sinking my teeth into soft, warm oatmeal cookies.  The best thing about these cookies is that you could eat them as they are or add raisins, dried cranberries, nuts, or even chocolate chips!  You can make them your own and enjoy them right out of the oven with a cold glass of milk or in the morning with your coffee.  YUM!


Ingredients
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon 
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups uncooked oats (quick or old fashioned)
1 cup raisins (or other dried fruit, nuts, or chocolate chips), optional

Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.  Add eggs and vanilla until well blended.
Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and mix well.
Stir in oats and raisins and mix well.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto foil-lined baking sheet sprayed with non-stick baking spray.
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Follow me on Facebook!  Click HERE!


Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment