2 cups sugar
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
2 cups spelt flour (or flour of your choice)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp basking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 Tbsp rosemary (dried)
1 1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1. With a mixer on slow speed, mix sugar, applesauce, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and almond
extract into a large bowl.
2. In another, medium-sized bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon,
nutmeg, rosemary, and ginger.
3. Slowly mix in the dry bowl ingredients into the wet bowl ingredients, using a mixture on slow
4. In a small bowl, dump out the cranberry sauce and break up into small chunks with a spoon, then
fold into the cake batter.
5. Bake in a bunt pan (sprayed with non-stick spray) at 350 for about 40 minutes. Check with a
toothpick after 30 minutes to get a gauge on how much longer to leave it in your oven.
6. Once done, let cool for 15 minutes and add your favorite topping. I added lingonberry sauce.