Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Key Lime Pie

I really had no idea that there were such things as actual Key limes until I made this recipe!  All my life, I just thought it was a lime pie named after the Florida Keys!  I sheepishly came to find out that key limes are a smaller and tangier version of a regular lime.  I found them next to the lemons and limes in the produce section.

Ingredients
1 can (14 oz) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup fresh Key lime juice
2 tsp. Key lime zest
1 (6 oz.) reduced fat, ready-made graham cracker crust
1 (8 oz.) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
Lime peel strips for garnish

Whisk together first 4 ingredients until well blended.  Pour mixture into pie crust.  
Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 17 minutes or until pie is set.  
Remove from baking sheet and let cool for 1 hour.
Chill 3-24 hours.  Top with whipped topping and lime peel garnish just before serving. 

*Regular lime juice and zest may be substituted if you can't find Key limes.  Your pie just won't be as tangy.

Follow me on FacebookClick HERE!


Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment