Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sweet Spiral Shrimp with Rice Noodles

Okay, so I tried making the summer shrimp rolls and didn't like them at all.  I scrapped the recipe after making 4 rolls, took all the ingredients, and made up my own recipe.  I tried frying the rice noodles, but that didn't work, so I just used them as a bed for the main components.  It turned out to be really, really good!

Ingredients
~20 cocktail shrimp, deveined, tails removed, and sliced in half long-ways
Peanut oil for sauteing 
1 tsp minced garlic
Ginger paste (you can find this in the produce section with the fresh herbs)
1/3 cup shredded carrots
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 nectarine, cut into thin strips
4 green onion, chopped
rice noodles
light soy sauce to top/to taste

Heat ~2-3 Tbsp peanut oil in a medium saute pan.  Turn down to med-high heat and saute shrimp, 2 tsp. ginger paste, and minced garlic until browned (~4-5 minutes).  Remove and set aside.  Shrimp will be curled. 

In the same pan, add a little more oil if necessary and saute carrots, pepper, 1 tsp. ginger paste for ~3-4 minutes.  Add in the nectarine and green onion and saute for 3-4 minutes more.  Add the shrimp back in to heat through and mix with veggies & fruit, mixing well.  Serve on a bed of rice noodles and season with light soy sauce.


Follow me on Facebook!  Click HERE!


Print by clicking on this box

No comments:

Post a Comment