Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Grilled Shrimp, Chicken, and Apple-Smoked Chicken Sausage

I found this fabulous Apple-Smoked Chicken Sausage in a magazine and just HAD to try it! The one I tried is made by Johnsonville. It has a LOT less fat than regular pork sausage, and it's better for you. You can find it in the hot dog and sausage section of your grocery store.



Ingredients
20 cocktail shrimp, peeled & de-veined with tails still on
3 Apple-Smoked Chicken Sausage
1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into one inch pieces
pineapple, cut into one inch pieces
1 medium red onion, cut into one inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, cut into one inch pieces
1 container white mushrooms, stems removed
Marinade of choice (see below for marinades I used)

Soak 9 wooden skewers in water for ~10 minutes.
Alternate the above ingredients on the skewers.
Brush on marinade of choice, coating well. Don't marinate for longer than 15 minutes.
Grill on medium-high heat until chicken is cooked through (~20 min.), turning every couple of minutes.
Remove food from skewers onto a plate with dipping sauces or into a salad bed and enjoy!

I tried out three different marinade flavors put out by Lawry's.
  • Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato with Minced Garlic & Olive Oil
  • Balsamic Herb with Italian Herbs & Balsamic Vinegar
  • Teriyaki with Pineapple Juice

Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment