Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Swedish Meatballs with Linguine

I've always loved Swedish meatballs, but this was the first time I ever made them.  I've never found them on a menu of a restaurant, so, sadly, I mostly have only had the frozen dinner kind.  A friend of mine gave me her recipe a long time ago, so I thought it was high time I made this delicious dish!




Ingredients
1 1/3 cups bread crumbs (I just used Pepperidge Farms)
1/4 cup minced onion
2 pounds ground beef
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp. salt
ground pepper to taste
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 Tbsp. butter
2 tsp. flour
1 cup boiling water
1 beef bouillon cube (I use OXO cubes)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
1 box linguine, cooked in boiling water with a dash of salt & EVOO for ~13 mintues

Soak bread crumbs in 4 Tbsp. milk. Add beef, onion, eggs, and seasonings to bread crumb mixture and mix thoroughly.  Shape into 1 inch balls and saute in butter.

Go ahead and melt the bouillon cube in one cup of boiling water, stirring well to mix.

Add flour to fat in skillet and make a roux, stirring with a fork.  Turn eye to low so it doesn't burn.  Add bouillon mixture to skillet, mixing thoroughly.  Stir in cream and the rest of the milk.  Simmer to make a thick gravy.  Add meatballs and simmer until warmed through.  

Serve over cooked linguine and enjoy!  If you like mushrooms, just add them into the gravy.


Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment