Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Reuben

I LOVE a good Reuben sandwich, but sometimes restaurants put on too much sauerkraut for my liking. I decided a long time ago to try and make my own version and found out how super easy it is to make these sandwiches! If you can make a grilled cheese sandwich, you can make your very own Reuben!

Jewish Rye seeded bread (I use Pepperidge Farms)
Swiss Cheese
(from 2% milk)
Sauerkraut
Light Thousand Island Dressing
(I use Kraft)
Corned beef slices
(either from your deli or from the refrigerated meat section)

Put a layer of Thousand Island dressing on both pieces of bread. Put on one slice of cheese, then layers of corned beef, then sauerkraut, and one more piece of cheese. Grill your sandwich on both sides over medium high heat in a small saucepan with margarine (I use Promise). It only takes about a minute on each side.

What I like so much about making Reuben sandwiches at home is that I can put on however much or little of these strong ingredients I want, making it my own. Plus, you can opt for light or reduced-fat cheese and dressing, making it a bit lighter if you choose!


Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment