Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Playful Pancakes

Kids won't eat? Need a project for them to do? Maybe the grandkids are coming over or your little one is having a party. Instead of decorating cookies, try using pancakes instead! My little boy will normally only eat one pancake, but he'll eat about 5 or 6 of these!

PLUS...They are low in calories & fat and high in fiber, so they're pretty healthy as far as carbs go. And if you're on Weight Watchers, Fiber One pancakes are only 1 point per pancake!

Pancake mix (I use Fiber One Complete)
Cookie cutters
Sugar Free syrup
(I use Log Cabin)
Margarine
(I use Promise)

Okay, so this is more of an idea (and not an original one, at that) than a recipe, but my youngest son and I were bored one afternoon, and he was hungry, so we decided to make these playful pancakes. He got to help mix the batter, pick out which cookie cutters he wanted, and cut them out! This is a perfect project for an afternoon at home!

Mix pancake mix according to directions on the box (YES, I have a homemade pancake recipe, but let's get real here.... why reinvent the wheel when box ones are just as good and SO much faster and easier to make.). Use 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.

Cut out shapes using cookie cutters and serve! My son has his syrup on the side instead of poured over his pancakes. This way, he gets to dip his pancakes and I get to be in control of how much syrup he uses.


Just think of the possibilities with using cookie cutters with pancakes. You could have birthday pancakes, Halloween pancakes, Christmas pancakes, beach pancakes, and on and on and on! They're fun, your kids will eat them, and they are much healthier for them, too!


Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment