Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cherry Turnovers

I am a much better cook than I am a baker, so when I saw this recipe, it scared me a little. Well, guess what? These turnovers are so quick and easy to make, that I can't wait to make them again as soon as someone will volunteer to gobble them up!


1 (17.3 oz.) package frozen puff pastry, thawed (I used Pepperidge Farms)
1 (20 oz.) can light cherry pie filling
2 large egg whites, beaten
turbinado sugar

Preheat oven to 400. Roll one pastry sheet onto a flat, floured surface. Cut into 4 squares for larger turnovers or six squares for smaller turnovers. Brush egg whites around the edges of the squares, spoon on pie filling in the middle, and fold the squares over to make triangles. Press the edges down with your fingers to seal the pastry.
*You don't need to put too much filling in the middle of the squares because it will run out everywhere when you fold and seal them.

Place triangles on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick baking spray and bake for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.

These were SO quick and easy to make! They are so cute, and you can put any filling you want inside them. If you need something to take into work or to a party, these are perfect if you want to take in something homemade!


Click this box to print this recipe!

1 comment:

  1. well, those didn't last long! guess they were a big hit! =)

    ReplyDelete