Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baked Lemon-Pepper Tilapia on a bed of Long Grain & Wild Rice

I never liked fish until I started making it myself at home. If you're not a huge fish fan, you may want to try tilapia and put some seasoning on it, like I do. It's not got a strong fishy taste, and you can add whichever type of seasoning you like.

5-6 tilapia fillets, thawed (again...I just use my local supermarket's brand because there IS no expensive part of the ocean)
2-3 Tbs. margarine (I use Promise), melted
Lemon-Pepper seasoning (or whichever seasoning you prefer)

Heat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place thawed fillets on the baking sheet and brush or drizzle with melted margarine. Sprinkle or coat each fillet with seasoning to your liking. Bake fish for 25-30 minutes or until the edges start to go a little crispy and golden. Keep an eye on your fish. You don't want to under-cook it because it's going to be runny, and you don't want to over-cook fish because it will be too dry.

The rice I served the fish on was Uncle Ben's Long Grain & Wild Rice. It takes about the same amount of time to cook on the stove as your fish will if you start them at the same time. Perfect!

The beauty of baking fish like this is that you can have your family put in their orders for which kinds of seasonings they prefer. My husband likes garlic salt on his instead of lemon-pepper. You could also try something bolder like Jamaican or Fajita seasonings.

Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment