Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Monday, August 23, 2010

Whole Wheat Sprial Pasta with Sweet Basil Meat Sauce

I feel like I'm cheating a bit with this dish, but it's one of our staple dishes, and it still good food, so I'm putting it on the blog anyway. It's quick, easy, and filling.

3 lbs. lean ground round
2 (24 oz.) jars of Traditional Sweet Basil pasta sauce (Classico Traditional Favorites)
1 (16 oz.) bag of whole wheat spiral pasta (I use Hodgson Mill)

In a large sauce pan, brown the meat. Stir in the 2 jars of pasta sauce, mix well, cover, and simmer on low for 10 minutes.

While the meat sauce is simmering, boil the pasta in a large pot for 14 minutes with a little salt and olive oil. After 14 minutes, drain, then add the meat sauce. Mix the meat sauce and the pasta together until well blended and serve right away.

I know this isn't fancy or even really 'homemade'. It's out of a jar and a bag, but let's be real. Every night can't be spectacular because a lot of people work and are tired when they get home or don't have a lot of time to cook an elaborate meal. This is something that is quick and easy, and it's warm and filling. It will SEEM like you spent a long time making it when, really, it only takes about 15-20 minutes!

Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment