Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Friday, January 2, 2015

Two Birds and a Tree Treat

I saw this on the Internet and just had to make it myself.  It's so cute and a good way to get kids to eat their protein!  It's a very simple and healthy snack.





Ingredients:
1 brown, cage-free egg
1 Horizon organic Colby cheese stick
9 green grapes



Directions:
1. Boil the egg for 20 minutes, peel, and slice in half. Let cool.
 
2. Slice the cheese stick in half, length-wise, then make two slits to make the branches.  Be careful or they'll break.

3. Arrange the grapes around the tree branches to look like leaves.

4. Cut two triangles of cheese for the bird beaks.

5. Place one peppercorn on each egg half for the eyes.


Nutritional Info:
1 brown egg
70 calories
5 g fat
1 g carbohydrates
6 g protein
195 mg cholesterol
65 mg sodium

1 Horizon organic Colby cheese stick
110 calories
9 g fat
1 g carbohydrates
7 g protein
30 mg cholesterol
170 mg sodium

1/2 cup green grapes
52 calories
0 g fat
13.5 g carbohydrates
0.5 g protein
0 mg cholesterol
1.5 mg sodium


 

No comments:

Post a Comment