Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pulled Barbeque Quesadillas with Mild Cheddar & Red Onion

My family loves quesadillas, but I was getting tired of the same old thing all the time. I thought of using pulled barbecue, and then I found this recipe from The Food Network! These are so fast and easy to make, but you DO need to have a quesadilla maker. They are so handy to have in the kitchen. They run between $24-28, but they are a good investment!



Tortillas (I use low-carb, high-fiber flour tortillas)
Shredded 2% mild cheddar cheese
Sliced red onion
Pulled barbecue (I used Cades Cove brand, which I found in the refrigerated meat section)

Heat barbecue according to directions on the container (unless you've made your own barbecue in a crock pot). Spread barbecue in a thin layer over a tortilla, leaving about an inch around the edge. Sprinkle well with cheese, top with onion, then put a 'lid' tortilla on top.
Put in the quesadilla maker for 5-10 minutes until it is golden brown and hardened. Remove from quesadilla maker, let cool a little, then cut with a pizza cutter.

With this type of quesadilla, you could serve it with corn or other type of veggie or black bean salsa, but these are SO filling that they can just be served on their own. They look thin, but there is a lot of meat and cheese in each one! I usually split one with someone else and only end up eating 3 pieces.

Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment