Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Friday, March 18, 2016

Fruit Smoothie

There are SO many ways to make smoothies out there, but you can always use the same kind of base and add in whatever kinds of fruits and veggies you like.  This is just a banana and berry smoothie that I made with what I had in the fridge.  It's great for a snack OR a meal.  You could even freeze them into ice cubes or popsicles for a summertime treat!







Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (Simple Truth)
1 container Sigi's vanilla yogurt (5.3 oz)
1 large banana
1/4 cup raspberries
1/4 cup blackberries
1/8 cup pomegranate seeds
1 Tbsp honey
dash of nutmeg or allspice
8 ice cubes

Directions:
Put it all in the blender and blend! ;)~
Enjoy!

Nutrition for 1/2 the pitcher:
Calories 163
Fat 1.5 g
Carbs 27 g
Protein 8.5 g


 

No comments:

Post a Comment