Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Chicken Stir-Fry

This is my recipe. I just made it up as went along, and it turned out to be really good! The added bowls of noodles and fortune cookies add a little extra to the meal.


3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch pieces)
1 tsp minced garlic

2 Tbs sesame seeds
1/2 box of rice noodles (I use Taste of Thai) - prepare according to box instructions
2 Tbs low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1 pkg. stir fry seasoning mix
1 large yellow onion (diced)
1 orange bell pepper (diced or sliced)
1 red bell pepper (diced or sliced)
1 green bell pepper (diced or sliced)
1 handful of snow peas
1 can bean sprouts (drained)

Saute chicken in a large skillet (I use Promise instead of butter or oil for my chicken). Mix water, soy sauce, and seasoning mix in a coffee cup and set to the side (mix dissolves easier in warm water). Once chicken is cooked through, add the veggies and rice noodles and saute until they are cooked (5-7 min.). Add the soy sauce mix, stir in well, and saute for 1 min.

I served my stir-fry with La Choy Chow Mein noodles and fortune cookies.

Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment