Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Overnight Oats

Don't have time for breakfast?  Here is a fast and easy way to fix it, so you can grab and go!  It only takes a couple of minutes to fix, then all you have to do is leave it in the fridge overnight, and you're ready to go.
I even make it in the morning sometimes, so I can have it for dinner.







Ingredients:
~ 1 1/2 - 2 cups of rolled oats
~1/4 cup chia seeds
~1/8 cup flax seeds
2 Tbsp brown sugar
~4-5 sliced up strawberries
~1/2 banana 
~1/2 cup blueberries
~1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk (or milk of your choice)


Directions:  
Layer the ingredients, starting with the oats, then 1/2 of the chia seeds, flax seeds, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, fruit, oats, the other 1/2 of the chia seeds, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, fruit, and finally top it off with oats again.  

Slowly pour the milk in until it just covers the top of the last layer of oats.

No comments:

Post a Comment