1 large butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
1/2 red onion (chopped)
1 clove of garlic (chopped)
1 box (32 oz.) low sodium vegetable broth
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
1/8 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp ground pink Himilayan salt
1/8 tsp tumeric
3 Tbsp Bragg's nutritional yeast
1 box of brown rice macaroni noodles
1/4 cup dried bread crumbs or Panko
1. Sautee garlic and onion in a little vegetable broth until tender (~5 minutes). Add the butternut squash and pour on enough vegetable broth to cover the veggies and garlic. Bring to a boil while stirring, turn down the heat to medium, and boil for 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is tender.
2. While the butternut squash is boiling, boil the noodles according directions on the box, drain, and place into a serving bowl.
3. Once tender, use a slotted spoon to place the butternut squash, onion, and garlic into a high-powered blender. Add the remaining ingredients, into the blender, as well. Blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour the creamy butternut squash sauce over the cooked noodles, gently blend. (Some people like to stop here and eat it as it is. I prefer to bake mine.)
5. Place the mixture into a casserole dish, sprinkle with panko or bread crumbs and bake at 350 for ~15-20 minutes.
|Butternut Squash & Onions Boiling|
|Before It Bakes|