Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Monday, January 17, 2011

Cranberry Crusted Tilapia

This is a recipe from Dr. Zorba Paster on NPR from January 16, 2011. It sounded so good on the radio, that I just had to try it. I know I just posted a fish dish for my last post, but this one was too good to pass up!

This is a terrible picture. I'll try and get a better one the next time I make this dish!

4 6oz. tilapia or salmon fillets
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste

2 Tbs. melted butter
3/4 cup breadcrumbs (I used herbed Pepperidge Farms)
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped, dried cranberries
2 Tbs. chopped, fresh thyme
2 tsp grated lemon peel

On a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, season fillets with salt and pepper. Rub a layer of mustard over each fillet. (If you have skin on your fillets, make sure the skin side is down.)

In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cranberries, green onion, thyme, lemon peel, and melted butter. Mix well. Divide crust mixture evenly over fillets. Bake around 20 minutes at 375 or until fillets flake well with a fork.

This is healthy AND delicious! We always enjoy our fish with either a side of wild, seasoned rice or with a salad, but as always, make it your own!


Click this button to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment