Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Monday, January 2, 2017

Plant-Based Breakfast Bowls

Breakfast bowls are the latest food trend.  You can use several different bases like quinoa, oatmeal, bulger, chia porridge, or whatever you like.  I prefer quinoa because it's lighter than the other whole grains. Depending on how hungry you are, you can make these bowls as large or small as you like. You can also be as creative as you want.  To me, the prettier, the better!

This first bowl is a quinoa bowl with strawberries, almonds, pomegranate seeds, chocolate granola, and a couple of tablespoons of a coconut yogurt alternative.



This second bowl is a quinoa bowl with bananas, raspberries, blueberries, peanut butter granola, a couple of teaspoons of a coconut yogurt alternative, with a little cinnamon sprinkled on top. 


Remember that you can create these breakfast bowls however you want with whatever you want.  They are a great, healthy way to start the day and an excellent treat for kids or house guests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment