Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Baked Vegan Falafel (oil-free, gluten free)

I have always been a huge fan of falafel, but I've always just bought it.  This recipe is plant-based, so it's egg-less, as well as gluten-free AND oil-free! NO frying! This is a much healthier version of something that is tasty and filling.  Some people like to put their falafel in a pita or sandwich, but I've always loved them on their own with a variety of dipping sauces. Any way you like it, this baked version will be sure to satisfy you!


Ingredients:
1 bundle of fresh parsley (~2 cups)
2 large cloves of garlic (smashed and sliced)
1 large lemon (the juice of of)
1/2 tsp of salt (I use pink Himalayan)
1/2 tsp of cracked pepper
1  1/4 tsp ground cumin
15 oz garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
1/4 cup brown rice flour 



Directions:
1. In a food processor, combine the parsley, garlic, lemon juice, salt, 
    pepper, and cumin.  
2. Into the food processor, add in the garbonzo beans and blend.
3. Pour this mixture into a medium-sized bowl and mix in the flour with a spoon.
4. Form into ~8 balls and refrigerate for 15 minutes before baking 
5. Bake at 375 degrees C on parchment paper for 30-40 minutes, gently  flipping halfway through. 

The mixture after being in the food processor and just before adding the flour

The falafel balls just before baking


No comments:

Post a Comment