Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Vegan Quesadilla

This plant-based quesadilla is so flavorful and filling and colorful, you'll be asking yourself why you didn't try it sooner, like I did!  It's so full of fresh veggies and beans that I really didn't need to drizzle the Vegan Valley Alfredo Cheez Sauce on it, but I did because it's so creamy and delicious.  Yum!!

Ingredients:
2 large tortillas (of your choice)
1 cup refried beans
1 cup black beans (cooked and rinsed)
1/2 green bell pepper (sliced)
1/2 small red onion (sliced)
1/3 roasted red bell pepper (chopped)
1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
1 cup pico de gallo
Vegan Valley Alredo Cheez Sauce (to drizzle on
    top)


Directions:
1.  Spread the refried beans over the bottom tortilla, leaving about a 1/2 inch at the edges.
2.  Arrange all of your veggies and black beans over the refried beans, leaving 1/4 of a cup of the  green onions for the topping.
3.  Place to remaining tortilla on top of your quesadilla.
4.  Cook in your quesadilla maker or oven.  If you have a quesadilla maker, it should take 7-10 minutes.  If you use an oven, bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, but keep your eye on it. Ovens will vary.
5.  Put on a plate, cut with a pizza cutter or knife, and top with pico de gallo, green onions, and a drizzle of vegan "cheese" sauce to taste.



This is the quesadilla maker I use.  It's similar to a 
George Forman grill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment