Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Monday, January 2, 2017

Black Bean Burger

There are a lot of black bean burgers out there, and I've tried several.  This is actually a combination of a few that I liked because you know I like to make things my own, and so should you! I never really know if I'm going to like something or like MAKING something until I try it.  Don't ever be afraid to try something new with foods. 





Burger Ingredients

15 oz black beans

1/4 cup dry quinoa 
1/4 cup corn
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup minced bell pepper
1 large garlic clove
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
ground pepper to taste
1 tsp Sriracha
1 Tbsp warm water
1 Tbsp corn starch
1/2 - 2/3 cup of almond flour

Toppings

sprouts
cabbage (chopped)
vegan "cheese" sauce
tomato (sliced)
Romaine lettuce
red onion (sliced)
green onions (chopped)

Directions

1. Mash black beans into a paste with a fork.
2. Cook quinoa.
3. In a small bowl, combine cumin, salt, pepper, Sriracha, water, and corn starch in a bowl.
4. In a large bowl, gently stir quinoa into the beans. Stir in corn, crumbs, onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
5. Fold in the small bowl ingredients with the large bowl ingredients, and mix well.
6. Mix flour in as needed as you form the patties.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes.


I used a toasted whole wheat English muffin for my bun.  You can use the variety of buns available, you could cut up the burger and put it in a salad, OR you could just eat it without a bun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment