Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Vegan Pot Pie

I've always loved pot pie since I was a kid.  I still love pot pie, but this version is MUCH healthier than the one I used to make.  While it IS plant-based, I will go ahead and say that it's not WFPB because of the Pillsbury crescent dough I use on top.  I did double check the ingredients on the dough, and no animal products are used.  I also use no oil in this recipe.




Ingredients:
Beautiful, raw veggies!
4 medium red potatoes
1 medium sweet red onion
2 medium orange carrots
6 small radishes
1 small yellow squash
1 small zuchinni
1/2 medium eggplant
1 large parsnip
~ 10 sprigs of fresh thyme (don't use the stems, just the leaves)
cracked pepper and Himalayan pink sea salt to taste
garlic salt to taste
1 cup almond milk (or nut milk of your choice)
2 Tbsp brown rice flour
1 container Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

Directions:
1.  Cut all of the veggies about the same size as your quartered red potatoes so everything bakes evenly.
Veggies are ready to bake!
2.  Mix the veggies up in a big bowl, spread them out in a layer on parchment paper on a large baking sheet.  Sprinkle thyme, salts, and pepper to taste.
3. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
4. In a small saucepan, continually stir the almond milk and brown rice flour over medium high heat until it thickens into a gravy. Remove from heat and put to the side.
5. On the lip of a pie plate, place the wide end of the crescent rolls with the narrow ends hanging out. (You can line your pie plate with parchment paper if you don't have a non-stick plate.)
6.  Once the veggies have baked, transfer them into the pie plate, pour the gravy over the veggies, and fold the narrow ends of the crescent rolls up and over the top so all the points come together in the center.
7. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 and serve hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment