Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Stuffing (Dressing)

Not my picture.  Misplaced my camera. =(

What would the holidays be without stuffing?  I know that in my family, the stuffing is one of the highlights of any holiday dinner.  There are so many different ways you can make stuffing your own, so tweak it all you want.  Any way you  make it, it'll be fabulous as long as you don't make it too dry.



Ingredients: 
10 cups Pepperidge Farms herb stuffing (substitute with dried bread crumbs)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp. salt
ground pepper
1 tsp. thyme 
1 tsp. rosemary
1 tsp. parsley
1 Tbsp. minced garlic

1/4 cup margarine or butter (melted) (substitute with applesauce)
2 slightly beaten eggs (substitute with EggBeaters)
1+ cup chicken broth (substitute with water or veggie broth)

Directions
In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.  In a small bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients.  Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.  Mix well with your hands or with a large wooden spoon.  Add a bit more chicken broth if the mixture is too dry.  Better to be too wet and bake out the moisture than too dry.
Spoon into a 3 quart casserole, cover with foil, and bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes.  Take the foil off in the last ten minutes to get the top a crispy, golden brown.  

Enjoy with your favorite meal, especially around the holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment