Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Breakfast Quesadilla

This poll winner was SO GOOD and it was healthy, too, which is always a nice bonus.  I have always loved quesadillas, and I love breakfast food, so this was perfect.  One of my favorite things about quesadillas is that each person can decide what they want in theirs to make it their own.  You can do a vegetarian version, as well!

Ingredients:  
Tortillas, 2 per quesadilla (whole wheat, high fiber, low carb)
Scrambled eggs or egg beaters
bell peppers, chopped
onion, chopped
shredded cheese (low-fat)
turkey sausage (crumbled, cooked, and drained)
mushrooms, sauteed
pico de gallo
sour cream, low-fat

Directions:
  • Lay out one tortilla on the counter
  • put a thin layer of egg, peppers, onion, cheese, mushrooms, and sausage
  • Put the other tortilla as a topper
  • Cook in the quesadilla press for 2-3 minutes
  • Remove and cut into triangles
  • Top with pico de gallo and sour cream

    Enjoy this healthy breakfast!  I loved it, and my family loved it.  They always get excited when they can decide what and how much to add, like with pizza or omlettes.   This is a great food to make if you have guests staying over, as well. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment