Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cranberry Granola Bars with Marshmallows

These yummy treats are perfect for lunches, parties, dessert, or a snack.  They are healthy, too!  They are like granola bars, but made like rice crispy treats.


Ingredients: 
3 Tbs. butter
1 (10.5 oz.) bag of miniature marshmallows
1 (15 oz) box of low-fat granola cluster cereal
1 1/4 cup dried cranberries
non-stick baking spray


Directions
  • Melt butter in a large saucepan until completely melted
  • Add marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
  • Remove from heat and add cereal and cranberries
  • Press mixture into a 13 x 9 inch pan and let stand 10-15 minutes
  • Cut into 24 pieces
*TIP 1- When pressing the mixture into the pan, spray your hands with baking spray so they won't stick to the mixture.
*TIP 2 - Switch it up and use dried blueberries, nuts, or chocolate chips for your next batch.  You can put many different things in the bars!

2 comments:

  1. This looks something I can make...so I'm going to try it soon. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I hope you enjoy them. I think they are so yummy. By the way, if anyone is on Weight Watchers, they are 2 points per bar if you cut them into 24 squares. :D

    ReplyDelete