Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Monday, November 28, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken pot pie is a staple in my house, especially in the colder months.  It's such a great comfort food, and it doesn't have to be as full of fat and calories if you use reduced calorie/reduced fat ingredients.  I always like to cut down on those things whenever I can.  

Ingredients:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 Tbs butter or margarine
2 (10 3/4 oz) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, reduced fat
1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
1 cup frozen carrots (thawed)
1 chicken boullion cube
3/4 cup sour cream, light
2 large (8 oz)  cans crescent rolls (refrigerated, reduced fat)

Directions:
Brown chicken in butter.
Stir in soup, veggies, and bouillon cube (crushed).
Cook until bubbling, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
Add sour cream and cook for 2 min, stirring frequently.
Arrange cresent roll pieces around the sides of 2 pie dishes, so that they're draped over the sides.
Divide chicken mixture between the two pie dishes, fold the crescent roll pieces up over the pies, and bake at 375 for 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. When I was a child, we ate pot pies all the time. Thanks for the recipe, it sound good.

    ReplyDelete