Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Monday, October 5, 2015

Apple Roses

This is the cutest treat!!  I saw it floating on Facebook, so I just had to try it myself to see if I could get it to work.  They are really not hard to make, as long as you are patient and gentle with the puff pastry, as always.  They are SO cute and SO yummy!!!  Perfect for a small dinner party!









Ingredients for 6 Roses:

2 large, red apples (I used Gala.)
1 large lemon
3 Tbsp apricot preserves
2 Tbsp water
cinnamon 
1 sheet of puff pastry (I used Pepperidge Farms.)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. \
Squeeze the juice of the lemon into a small mixing bowl. 


Slice the two apples in half and remove the cores.  
Cut the apple halves into very thin slices and place into the bowl of lemon juice.  Gently toss the apple slices with your hands until they are coated with the lemon juice and microwave for 2 1/2 minutes.  Drain the juices when your done.


In a small mixing bowl, mix together the apricot preserves and water with a spoon and microwave for 1 minute.

Roll out the puff pastry onto a floured surface and cut into 6 long strips.  Coat each strip with apricot preserves and then place the apple slices along the top of one edge so that they are overlapping. Lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.  Fold up the bottom half of the dough strip and then gently roll up the apples and dough until it has made a rose shape.  




Gently place the roses into a muffin tin sprayed with coconut cooking spray. Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment