Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wild Mushroom Agnolotti topped with Smoked Turkey Sausage, Peppers & Onions

I saw a picture in a magazine, which inspired this dish. I didn't take the recipe, but decided to make up my own instead. It was originally made with sweet peas and Asian pot-stickers. I put my own twist on it!

1 (9 oz.) package Wild Mushroom Agnolotti
(Buitoni, in the refrigerated section)
1 yellow onion, sliced into bite-sized pieces
3 colorful bell peppers, sliced into bite-sized
pieces
1 (14 oz.) link of Lean Smoked Turkey Sausage
Extra virgin olive oil for sauteing
Ground pepper to taste
1 (1 oz.) packet of Au Jus Gravy Mix (McCormick)


In a large saucepan, saute the sausage, onion, and peppers between 5-10 minutes until veggies are just going tender and sausage is browning.

In a small saucepan, make au jus according to directions on the package (should make ~ 3 cups). Add to sauteed sausage and veggies, add cracked pepper to taste, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for ~ 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Meanwhile, gently boil the agnolotti in 4 quarts of water for 4-6 minutes.

Arrange agnolotti on a plate, then place sausage, onion, and peppers on top, adding a bit of au jus and serve! รจ delizioso!

*I think this would have been better with ground Italian turkey sausage. I'll try it next time.

Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment