Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ice Tray Meal for Kids

This is a great way to get kids to eat. I saw this on idea on the Internet and thought I'd see what I could come up with myself.  It was funny because after I made it, I thought it looked really good and almost made one for myself.  I have OCD, so I don't like my food to touch (just like a lot of kids), so I can most definitely see the appeal of this colorful, fun, healthy way to serve a meal to small kids.  I would have added something besides the gummies in that one compartment, but I was saving my kiwi for another project.  Other than those, it's pretty healthy!


Things you might want to include:
granola (I used peanut butter.)
celery
low-fat cheese
apple
Annie's organic Bunnies crackers
low-sodium, lean turkey sausage
strawberries
nuts
goldfish crackers
roasted coconut chips
sugar snap peas
pineapple
grapes
low-sodium turkey jerky
carrots
kiwi
banana
orange slices

No comments:

Post a Comment