1 Tbsp dried thyme, crushed
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Cover in 2 inches of cold water. Boil for 2 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, cover, and let soak for 4 - 24 hours.
3. Drain soak water. Cover with 2 inches of cold water and boil on low heat for 2 hours, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
4. Drain and rinse several times with cold water until beans are cool.
1. In a screw-top jar, combine oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, thyme, mustard, and pepper.
2. Cover and shake well.
3. Chill dressing for several hours (again...I didn't wait "several hours". I just broke the rules and put it straight on the salad.)
4. Just before serving, shake dressing well and pour over the vegetable mixture.
5. Toss gently to coat.