Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries with a Honey-Lemon Dill Dip

I have tried to like sweet potatoes for a long time, and I have finally found a yummy way to include them into my diet! These 'fries' are so addictive, you'll have eaten them all before you even realize it!

For the Sweet Potato Fries
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 'fries'
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. sea salt or Kosher salt
1/4 tsp. red pepper
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. coriander
2-3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil

For the Dip
6 oz. plain Greek yogurt (2 % or fat-free)
1 Tbs. light mayo
1/2 Tsp. honey
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. dill
1 Tbs. lemon juice

Put all the cut fries into a large ziplock bag along with the oil and spices. Shake until well-coated. Place fries onto a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Make sure they are spread out and not on top of each other. Now sprinkle each of the spices over the fries again with the same amount you used for the ziplock bag shake up, with the exception of the oil, to give them an extra coat. Bake at 400 for ~30 minutes.

For the dip, mix all dip ingredients together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.

I am trying to look for healthier recipes, and this is a great one! I love eating these for a snack, as a side dish, or even as a meal! They're so good! I'm so glad I finally found a way to like sweet potatoes!

Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment