Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bulgur Breakfast with Brown Sugar & Dried Cranberries

Never tried bulgur? Well, don't be afraid to try this yummy dish. If you've had steel cut oatmeal, it's very similar to that. With a little added sweetness, this is the perfect heart-healthy breakfast, and it's LOADED with fiber. Just 1/4 cup of bulgar has 7 g fiber and only 0.5 g fat. It's perfect AND yummy!

1 cup bulgur (this serves 4, so you may want to cut it in half)
2 cups water
1 Tbs. Promise butter
1 Tbs. brown sugar or sugar subsitute
dried cranberries (or other fruit)

Bring bulgur and water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occassionally. Remove from heat and add butter, brown sugar, and cranberries. Enjoy!

This is a very filling breakfast, which I love! I like dried cranberries, but you can always change it to make it how you like it. You can even make this a savory side dish for dinner. It's versital, healthy, and good, too! 



Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment