Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Monday, May 30, 2011

Bran Muffins with Honey

I love these muffins as a dessert after dinner. Most people probably don't think of a bran muffin as a dessert, but with the little bit of added honey, one of these muffins warmed up is FABULOUS as a snack. And....it's GOOD for you!!

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups oat bran cereal (I use Hodgson Mill)

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1 1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt 2 eggs (or 4 egg whites)
1 1/4 cups unsweetened coconut milk

4 Tbsp. grape seed oil


Mix all of the dry ingredients together, making sure all of the lumps are out of the brown sugar. I like to mix the dry ingredients with my hands. That way I can really tell if everything is mixed evenly. Add the wet ingredients and let the mixture stand for ~10-15 minutes so that the dry ingredients are absorbed and the mixture thickens.

Spoon the mixture into a muffin tin that has been sprayed with non-stick baking spray. Fill each muffin cup until it's 3/4 full.


Bake at 400 for 15 minutes until golden brown.


Enjoy for breakfast, as a snack, or even as dessert! These muffins are filling and delicious! That little bit of sweetness from the brown sugar and honey makes these little guys a hit with everyone!

Click this box to print this recipe!

2 comments:

  1. Muffins, are one of my many weakness. I'd love to try a bran muffin that is good for you. This is my 'ideal' breakfast. I'll let you know when I give them a try!
    Rosa Phillips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do, Rosa! We love to heat them up just a little and put a little Promise butter on them. Let me know how they turn out! :)

    ReplyDelete