Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Chicken Fried Rice

This fried rice recipe can be done in five easy steps. As you can see, it doesn't look like traditional fried rice with carrots and peas. That's because I don't like carrots and peas, so I simply switched out the veggies!

2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
3 large eggs, beaten
2 packages of brown, 90 second rice (I use Uncle Ben's)
1 (12 oz) package frozen 3 pepper & onion medly
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 package of Fried Rice seasoning (I use Sun Bird)
2 Tbs. Light Soy Sauce (I use La Choy)
Promise or Extra Virgin Olive Oil for sauteing

1. Saute chicken in a large pan with about 2 Tbs. of Promise, then set aside.
2. In the same pan, scramble the eggs, then set aside.
3. In a large pan, saute the frozen veggies and rice (do not microwave the rice first) in ~2 Tbs of
extra virgin olive oil for 1-2 minutes.

4. Add the eggs, seasoning packet, and soy sauce and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add in the chicken and cook for 1 minute.

You do not have to use chicken. You could use pork or just leave it as a veggie dish if you want. You can also use your choice of frozen veggies, as well. As always, make it your own and have fun!

Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment