Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Sunday, September 11, 2016

One-Skillet Santa Fe Chicken

I am still trying to find easy, healthy, one-skillet meals that will make my life simpler, and this is a great one!  The use of cilantro, lime, and Tajin spice gives it a beautiful, flavorful taste that will make your palate sing.  As always, I try to use the freshest ingredients I can find to bring out the flavor even more.






Ingredients

3 boneless chicken breasts (cubed)
1-2 Tbsp grape seed oil
1/4 cup local honey
1 large lime (cut in half)
ground pepper and salt to taste
1 1/2 Tbsp  Tajin Mexican fruit seasoning 
1 red bell pepper (diced)
1 orange bell pepper (diced)
1 cup cooked corn
1 cup cooked black beans (rinsed)
3 cups of brown & wild rice (cooked)
3/4 cup chopped cilantro 

Directions
In a large saucepan, saute chicken in grape seed oil until it is browned or cooked through.  Once cooked, add honey, lime, salt & pepper, and Tajin seasoning.  Stir over medium heat until mixed well, approximately 3-5 minutes.  

Add the bell peppers, corn, black bean, and rice. Stir over medium heat until mixed well, approximately 5 minutes.

Fold in the cilantro and cook over low heat, stirring gently for approximately 3-5 minutes.

Plate and serve hot. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment