Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Monday, November 18, 2013

Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies

A lot of people love brownies.  With the holidays right around the corner, why not give your brownies a special kick with mint?  I know that my dad and my son really love mint chocolate chip ice cream, so a mint chocolate chip brownie sounds like heaven, and I know they'll love it!  



Ingredients:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp water
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup mint chocolate chips
Powdered sugar for garnish

Directions:
Grease 9 inch square baking pan.
Combine sugar, butter, and water in a medium microwavable bowl.  Microwave for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes or until butter is melted.  Stir in semisweet chips.  Stir gently until chips are melted and mixture is well blended. Stir in vanilla.  Let stand 5 minutes to cool.
Beat eggs into chocolate mixture, one at a time.  Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.  Add to chocolate mixture.  Stir in mint chocolate chips.  Spread in prepared pan.

Bake at 25 minutes at 350 for fudgy brownies or 30 minutes for cakelike brownies.  Cool completely, then cut into squares. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment