Ever Evolving Food Blog

Hello Everyone! I have had this blog for years now, and as my personal life has changed, so have my tastes and eating habits...for the better!! I am now a fully plant-based eater, so my newer recipes will reflect this lifestyle and way of eating.

All of my old recipes will remain on my food blog, of course, so there will be a mixture of the old and the new for everyone to look through and choose. You can always play around with any recipe out there and make it your own, whether it's plant-based or not. There are always other options!
Thanks SO much for following! Happy Eating!

What's Cooking With Melissa

Don't Forget to Vote in the Latest Poll! -->

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sea & Surf with Blackend Shrimp and Tilapia

At a lot of restaurants, if you get a seafood platter, you often end up with a huge plate full of battered, fried food.  Now, I'm not saying I don't LOVE a good plate of fried sea food, BUT I'm trying to be healthier, AND this homemade sea & surf dinner is so yummy, you won't miss all that battered up food.


Ingredients
11 oz. peeled, deveined cocktail shrimp
4 tilapia fillets
4 Tbsp. butter, divided (I use Promise)

For Blackened Seasoning you'll need:
1 small, close-able container or ziplock bag
2 tsp. ground paprika
4 tsp. dried thyme
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper, or to your taste
1 tsp. dried oregano
3/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
For the seasoning, put all of the spices into the ziplock back and mix well. 

In a medium skillet, melt 2 Tbsp. butter and saute shrimp, giving a really nice coat of seasoning.  Saute until shrimp is heated through, adding seasoning to taste (~5-8 minutes).  You can also grill your shrimp on kebabs.  Just coat your shrimp in non-stick cooking spray, and grill.

Lay fillets on a foil-lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Melt 2 Tbsp. of butter and brush or spoon onto the fillets.  Coat each fillet with seasoning and bake at 400 for ~20-30 minutes, depending on your oven.

Serve with your favorite veggies and enjoy! 
*The bread is just French bread with shredded Mozzarella, toasted in a toaster oven. =)

Follow me on Facebook!  Click HERE!


Click this box to print this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment